It is our policy to contract with the most qualified and responsible individuals for positions. Our minimum hiring requirements for drivers are:
Our minimum hiring requirements are:
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be able to document at least one year of tractor trailer experience over public highways.
- Must be in possession of a valid Class A CDL license with a Tanker endorsement.
- Must not have had an operator's license suspended within the previous three years for unsafe operation or have a record that would indicate a disregard for public safety.
- Must not have any major preventable accidents.
- No more than 1 violation in the preceding 3 years.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical & Drug Screen.
- Must be able to present a 10 year verifiable employment history showing all unemployment gaps if any.
For all prospective Owner Operators, there are three additional requirements you will need to keep in mind in order for us to avoid wasting any of your time. They are as follows:
- Your tractor weight must not exceed 17,600 pounds. This weight includes full fuel tanks, but not accessorial equipment such as pump/blower or PTO. A scale ticket under our supervision must verify weight.
- Your tractor height must not exceed 13 feet.
- Your tractor wheelbase should be less than or equal to 240" with a maximum of 260" if the tractor has an adjustable fifth wheel.
Insurance requirements can be discussed by calling 1-800-233-0161 x247 and speaking with Director of Safety for detailed specifics.
After completion of our application and interview, an orientation day is set so that the applicants can learn more about the specifics of our company. The orientation lasts about eight hours and the prospective driver is trained on various policies and procedures that relate to payroll, logs, dispatch and various customer paperwork requirements.
Road training will take anywhere from 1 or 2 weeks or longer if needed. During training, our trainee is placed with a driver trainer and will become familiar with the handling characteristics of our various tanks-loaded and empty, load/unload procedures and use of our pumps, along with our routes and customers.
After the training period has been completed successfully, we follow up with our driver's performance on an on-going basis.